Sunday, 6 May 2012
Necessito un Pisco Sour!
Hola todos
Just got hold of some Internet so here is a recount of our day yesterday:
We started the day with a walking tour of downtown Lima. As Steve and I had already visited most of the places already, we ventured on our own for a bit and grabbed a coffee. We wanted to try the Limanos mocchacino... I can't safely say we will never do it again. Better to stick with the cafe con leche!
We grabbed a sangga at a local bar to take away, then caught a shuttle to the bus station, to catch our bus to Pisco, home to the Pisco Sour!
Driving out of the city of Lima was a real eye opener. Lima is deceiving in that while you are there you wonder how Peru can be so poor, with such a rich and vibrant city, but driving down the coast line to Pisco will open your eyes to the level of poverty experienced by most Peruvians! I really feel for my sponsor child here!
We arrived in Pisco after 6pm, so it was already dark. What once was nice town, Pisco was devestated by a 8.0 earthquake in 2007, and the majority of the town was destroyed and is not yet rebuilt. Because of this devastation, the people who live there are quite poor, and crime rates are apparently very high. Apparently the plan is to have the whole city rebuilt within 20 years. Sounds like a public service time frame to me!!
Due to our late arrival, our tour leader decided it probably wasn't a good idea to venture far from the hotel, so we did a lap of the main square, then went back to the hotel for dinner and a Pisco Sour, and extremely potent cocktail that is famous in Peru.
We went to bed early after dinner, but a circus was going on next door (literally) so it was a bit noisy for a while. I swear I heard a lion roar though. Or maybe I'm crazy.
Next stop Nazca!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment