Hola todos!!!!! We made it!!! After 4 days of treking we made it to the Sun Gate and had our first viewing of Machu Picchu this morning. I am currently sitting in a resturant writing to you, so I will give you a more complete run down of the trek when I get back to my hotel, but here are the highlights: the first day of treking was the training day and was reasonably hard, but nothing compared to the second day!! It was either a steep uphill or a steep downhill the whole day! Really REALLY hard, but so rewarding when it was over. The third day was by far the best, as we walked through the Cloud Forest to our final camp! This morning we woke up at 330am to be in line at the check point by 4:30. The gates opened at 5:30am and from there, we had a two hour trek toMachu Picchu. Machu Picchu is AMAZING!! I can´t beleive that I got the chance to visit one of the seven wonders of the world today! Truly breathtaking!! Steve and I spent most of our time wandering around the maze of MP, and chasing llamas (not kidding, they are everywhere around the ruins).
As I said before, I will give a more detailed account of the trek soon, this is just a taste! Just know that we made it in one piece (execpt for my poor feet which are still not talking to me!).
Love to you all!
Jules and Steve
As I said before, I will give a more detailed account of the trek soon, this is just a taste! Just know that we made it in one piece (execpt for my poor feet which are still not talking to me!).
Love to you all!
Jules and Steve
No comments:
Post a Comment