Sunday, 20 May 2012

Cusco!

Hola. So today, after those jam packed last few days we had, Steve and I decided to have a relaxing day. We slept in a bit ( well as much as I could) then went out shopping!! Cusco is famous for its silver, so I set myself a task of finding the perfect piece of jewelry to add to my collection. Let's just say I was successful. After shopping, we met some of the other Intrepedians to watch the futbal final at an Irish pub (the majority of our tour group are from Europe and are therefore obsessed with futbal). At the end of the first half however we bailed and went to a local restaurant for a Peruvian cooking class (Mum and Dad- prepare to try some amazing food when we get home). The class began with a trip to the local food market, where we were lead around and talked about local Peruvian food and food practices. It was such an eye opener from Australia, where there are such strict guidelines for food hygiene. After our tour of the market, we went back to the restaurant and made two entrees and two mains, which we got to eat! So so so so yummy! Can't wait to make them back home, if I can find all of the ingredients!! After our class, we went back to the hotel and packed. We are off to the Amazon tomorrow!! It will be nice to be somewhere hot for a change! Wifi may once again be an issue, so if I can't write while I'm there, I will when we get back to Lima in a couple of nights! Until then, Hasta pronto!

2 comments:

  1. Peruvian food is made up of a lot of potato, grains, chille and most of the time, beef or chicken. Always expect to see a lot of carbs (usually the potato and rice are next to each other) and not a lot of green veg.

    ReplyDelete